What information does The Aucklist collect?
We will not collect personal information unless it is for a lawful purpose that is connected with one of our functions or activities.
The information we gather includes the following types of information about our users, including your:
- Personal information provided by you when you interact with us or if you link, connect, or log in to your account with a third-party service (e.g. Facebook). This may be when you use or purchase our products or services, when you subscribe or register to use our products or services, when you communicate with us including when you call us, when you post information on discussion boards or comment publicly on our articles, and when you provide us with your feedback or respond to surveys you are asked to participate in.
- General location information (e.g. your physical or postal address or your device’s IP address).
- Additional information about you that is publicly available.
- Aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our sites but does not relate to you personally (this information is generally anonymised, but may include the device, applications or operating system you’re using, your IP address, and your geo-demographic information).
- Other information that does not personally identify you.
Who does The Aucklist share my information with?
We may need to share or disclose:
- Some of your personal information to our third party service providers so they can help us provide and manage our services (e.g. they help us with service functionality, customer service, billing and invoicing, and conducting research and analysis). We will limit their access to your personal information so they only have what is necessary to perform the tasks we ask of them.
- Your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Your personal information to other third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you or when you later authorise us to share it.
How might The Aucklist use my information?
We use the information we collect for many reasons that support enable us to provide our services, from ensuring we understand our users and how they engage with us, to informing our marketing and helping our advertisers do the same.
We may use the personal information we collect from you:
- For verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services.
- For authorising and processing credit card transactions which you enter into online. Credit and debit card information is sensitive information and we do not collect it or store it. We use third party payment solution providers and only engage those that comply with strict industry standards and security processes.
- To assist in providing the products and services requested by you, including by sending you service communications relating to the services you have opted into.
- To provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you.
- To identify and prevent harm to us or others, including detecting fraud, spam, data security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- To measure and improve our advertising and for other marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys.
- To sell advertising space on our sites and ensure that you are shown the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests. Our services are funded in part by advertising and we use the information we collect to help explain our audience to our advertisers when they are looking for the right platform for their message.
- For any other uses that you authorise.
How is cookie information used?
We may use the information generated by cookies or similar tools to:
- Track traffic patterns to and from and across our sites such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to).
- Enable you to use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
How can you control cookies and the cookie information we collect?
What ways can you control the personal information we collect from you?
- Opt out prior to signing up for a service and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas.
- Opt in prior to signing up for a service.
You may opt out from receiving these messages at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the message.
You may also access or modify your registered accounts at any time on your user profile page for the service. Here you will also be able to update your subscriptions to electronic newsletters and other messaging you have opted into.
If you want to cancel or modify any other account you have with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to The Aucklist, PO Box 48186, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland 0644.
How safe is my information?
We design our services with your safety in mind. We maintain industry standard security technology which we monitor routinely.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure. If you have any concerns that an account you have with us or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch straight away.
How can I find out what personal information The Aucklist holds and how can I update it or request deletion?
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and managed by us. We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes we collected it and in accordance with this policy, unless we are required to hold it for longer under law.
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to ask us for access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also ask us to update or correct that information at any time and as often as necessary. If you want us to delete information about you or suspend your account, please note that we may need to retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you withdraw your permission to use your personal information, unless there are other reasons that mean the information must be retained, we will delete that information. However, when you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we do not send you any marketing in the future.
If you want to find out what personal information The Aucklist holds about you, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by mail to The Aucklist, PO Box 48186, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland 0644.
Can The Aucklist make changes to this policy? How will I find out?