Waiheke business owners are worried that long queues for ferries from downtown Auckland will turn off summer visitors, Stuff reports. Owner-operator of Island Magic Wine Tours Glenn Fowler said customers who had booked with him last Saturday queued for two hours to catch their ferry from the city. In previous years, Fullers360 has run a half-hourly service through the summer, but the company said a “critical industry-wide skills shortage” is impacting its workforce and preventing it from running its “optimal peak summer timetable”.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor