Fifteen young people have been arrested overnight, NZ Herald reports, after a cluster of stolen vehicles across Auckland led to the alleged culprits fleeing police. Assistant Commissioner Richard Chambers said the 15 people arrested were aged between 11 and 16. “Our staff have done incredible work in bringing these incidents to a safe conclusion while also apprehending those in the stolen vehicles.” Papakura locals say they’ve been terrorised by an “epidemic” of teen car thieves in the area.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor