He’s only been in real estate for a year, but Tama Emery has already sold over $14m worth of property, OneRoof reveals, mostly in and around Papakura, where he grew up. “I bring te ao Māori (Māori world view) and te reo Māori into real estate, the 29-year-old Harcourts agent says. “I use them in advertising and promotion and dealing with people… I have also had comments from people saying real estate is a white industry, there’s no place for te reo.” But his long-term goal is to build partnerships with iwi and hapū and figure out how they can co-exist with the real estate industry.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor