Police have admitted that an officer dressed as a window washer to catch drivers committing traffic offences, was inappropriate, NZ Herald reports, and say they will not repeat the tactic again. “There were lessons here for their staff on the appropriate way to conduct these operations in future,” said Counties Manukau Road Policing manager Inspector Tony Wakelin. “And I will be ensuring those conversations will be had.” Wakelin said such operations, however, are an important part of police prevention and enforcement activities on New Zealand’s roads.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor