Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern spoke to media after visiting Auckland Film Studios in West Auckland’s Henderson, Stuff reports. In May, Auckland Council announced it would sell the studio to try and offset a $900 million revenue hit due to Covid. It came after the studio was granted $30 million by the Government in 2021 for an upgrade, weeks before Amazon announced it would end production there of its Lord of the Rings spin-off.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor