Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says rates will go up for all New Zealanders if nothing is done about water infrastructure, reports Newstalk ZB. Ardern told reporters the focus of her first meeting on Thursday with Auckland mayor Wayne Brown was on more housing, better transport options and ensuring rates didn’t increase for Aucklanders. Ardern said she suggested to Brown that key ministers sit down with him once council is finalised.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor