Auckland radio station Base FM has been sold to prominent Destiny Church members George Ngatai and Raewyn Bhana, Stuff reports. The move was a surprise to many of the DJs working at the station, and some resigned in protest of the move. There was no apparent consultation between the former owner, and staff or volunteers. Ngatai and Bhana made headlines last year after a medical centre owned by the pair aided in the South Auckland vaccination programme, despite opposition to the vaccine from Destiny Church leader Brian Tamaki.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor