Two Auckland institutions have been named in the top 20 best fine-dining restaurants in the world, Stuff reports. The Grove on St Patrick’s Square placed 13th in the world and number one in the South Pacific region, while Sails Restaurant on Westhaven Marina was just a place behind in 14th and number two in the region. In the category of Best of the Best Everyday Eats, the number one restaurant in New Zealand is Rotorua’s EL Mexicano Zapata Cantina, with Fogo Brazilian BBQ Experience in Queenstown second and Umami Fusion Kitchen in Tauranga third.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor