Local mum Ngapera Pinga is worried after the spate of shootings that has happened across Auckland over the last two weeks, Stuff reports. “I don’t want to live in fear,” she said. “I don’t want my kids to live every single day worrying about getting shot.” Many share the feeling across the city, with a man shot outside the Papakura District Court on Friday, and a house in Beach Haven shot up just before dawn on Saturday. Anyone with information about those illegally in possession of firearms are urged to contact Police on 105 or anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’