The story of Matariki is being shared every evening in Auckland this week, by coloured spotlights shining into the central Auckland sky, RNZ reveals. Stardome Observatory and Planetarium is putting on the show as part of its celebrations for the first Matariki public holiday on Friday. Māori astronomer Dr Mātāmua worked alongside Stardome on the light show, and he said it was a great way to tell the story of Matariki.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’