Outgoing mayor Phil Goff predicted three years ago that the owners of Eden Park would be back for millions of dollars from ratepayers, Newsroom says – and he has been proven right. The bid for $6.2 million from ratepayers comes three years after the council took over the Eden Park trust’s $53m bank and existing council debt and was persuaded to donate a further $9.8m for maintenance and upgrades.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’