Auckland Hospital does not have enough nurses to have all of its operating theatres running, RNZ reports, as it tries to catch up after Covid-19 delays. During the Omicron outbreak, nearly all surgery at Greenlane Hospital ceased while Auckland Hospital did only emergency procedures and the most urgent planned care such as for cancer operations that could not wait. That meant more than 1700 patients were added to the already existing backlog.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’