Vance Stewart despairs at the state of his storage warehouses, Newsroom reports. He has two in Auckland and one in Christchurch packed to the rafters with 100,000 car batteries he can’t shift due to shipping constraints. “We’ve just got more batteries in New Zealand than we’re able to export… we’ve got a problem.” Stewart said container space was hard to come by at the best of times but had been virtually non-existent for the past six months.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’