Auckland Council’s commitment to climate leadership has been recognised by a committee of mayors from around the globe, with the renewal of its C40 Innovator City membership status last month. C40 is a climate leadership group comprised of 97 major cities focused on supporting mayors and cities to tackle the climate crisis. Mayor Phil Goff says the successful application is a welcome acknowledgement of the work undertaken by the council group to cut carbon emissions and lift its investment in climate action.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor