An Auckland builder disregarded his own safety to wade through flood waters with a live electric current to rescue a woman who had suffered an electric shock, Newshub reveals. “I had my rubber boots on, I had my gloves on… I could feel the [electric] current on my shins as I waded in,” Dan Rogers said. He turned off the switchboard in the cafe where a person had been reported to be electrocuted, then he carried the victim out of the building, helping to lay her in the recovery position.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor