Various behind-the-scenes pressure on landlords, from tax deductibility changes to rising interest rates, are likely to prompt rent increases postponed until now, reports Interest. 2021 saw changes to the amount of loan interest landlords are able to claim back, rising interest rates on the loans themselves and a Healthy Homes standards compliance cut off. But Kiri Thompson, director of Barfoot & Thompson, said that while these factors weighed heavily on some landlords, most were reluctant to put rents up in the thick of Covid-19.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday