Being able to dive in at one of the free pools around South Auckland on Monday will be a long-awaited respite for many who have struggled with the city’s arduous 107-day lockdown, RNZ reveals. As temperatures soar over summer, many South Aucklanders are familiar with the feeling of being slowly pan-fried as they meander across a shadeless town centre car park. Māngere, Ōtāhuhu and Ōtara not only have the lowest tree coverage of any area in Auckland, but are also a good 20 minutes from most of the city’s swimmable beaches.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday