The Sunfield development aims to build a new ‘carless’ suburb near Papakura that would minimise car use, NZ Herald reports. It could become the template for how to create a low emission, eco-friendly neighbourhood, but first developers will have to convince politicians who are concerned about flooding risks. Kāinga Ora’s caution is also shared by two experienced local politicians who have seen the devastation floods have caused in the region over the last few years.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday