Aucklanders in Army Bay were treated to a magnificent sight on Wednesday as bioluminescence turned the waves a stunning neon blue, Newshub reveals. Whangaparāoa resident Matthew Davison captured images of the marine phenomenon, which showed the entire beach glowing blue. Algal blooms are usually more common after a period of rain and in warm, calm waters. The Hibiscus Coast is widely known as the best place to see bioluminescence in Auckland.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday