An Auckland man has been left $700,000 out of pocket after being scammed by a fake overseas investment company, Newshub reports. The Financial Markets Authority says cold calls about investment opportunities are generally illegal in New Zealan, but is warning people to look for ‘red flags’. Gillian Boyes from the FMA said it was one of the biggest losses she had come across from an investment scam.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday