Auckland Transport is pursuing the idea of removing parking spaces off the road without consulting residents – a plan called “bloody arrogant” by mayor Phil Goff, NZ Herald reports. AT released a Parking in Auckland discussion document which contains a radical proposal to grant AT the power to remove parking spaces for other uses such as bus and bike lanes without any consultation with local residents or local boards.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday