The Swiss-based America’s Cup team Alinghi wants the next regatta to be held back on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour, Newshub reveals. Ernesto Bertarelli has announced his team’s return as a challenger for 2024 and made a point of naming Auckland as his preferred venue. However, Team NZ has made no secret of their stance. The decision is a business one, and they are currently $50 million short of it being a viable option.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’