One of the vaccination and testing operations playing a crucial role in getting people a jab or a swab over the course of the pandemic is the Whānau Ora Community Clinic in South Auckland, reports The Spinoff. Last year it set up one of the first Covid testing sites in Wiri, and over the last three months its Takanini mass vaccination centre has immunised tens of thousands of people. The organisation is owned by two prominent Destiny Church members, and uses the church’s Wiri-based carpark for its testing operations.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday