Our increasingly digital existence has seen a surge in cyber attacks and internet fraud, and The Spinoff presents tips from the experts on how to keep your online life secure from scams. According to the government’s cybersecurity agency Cert NZ, more than 4,700 cyber attacks were reported in 2019. In 2020, that number had jumped to more than 7,800 reported incidents – a whopping 65% increase. However, there’s only so much cyber security experts can do to keep people safe online. Users also need to stay vigilant and take steps to protect themselves.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday