A long queue snaking down the side of the Sylvia Park shopping complex in Mt Wellington began well before the mall is due to open until 9am on Wednesday, NZ Herald reports. Up to 70 people camped there on Monday night planning the same for Tuesday night. It is understood they are there specifically for the opening of a new store, JD Sports Sylvia Park, which is advertising that the first 150 customers through its doors will get a gift pack worth $150. A member of the public said he was concerned about the mass Covid breach that was happening and had contacted mall management and the sports store itself.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday