With just two weeks left in November, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is being urged to confirm a date for the removal of the Auckland border and set a ‘Freedom Day’, to enable Christmas planning, Newshub reveals. With more than 80% of the country fully vaccinated, and COVID-19 cases confirmed in several regions beyond Auckland, the case for keeping Auckland cordoned off is wearing thin. Viv Beck, CE of Auckland’s city centre business association, wants Ardern to confirm an opening date of no later than December 1 to create urgency for vaccination and provide certainty for Christmas trading.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday