On Tuesday, National will meet again to elect a new leader after Judith Collins was abruptly voted out on Thursday, NZ Herald reports. Names in the mix include: North Shore-born and raised Mark Mitchell, Auckland-born but Tauranga-based Simon Bridges, Christopher Luxon who has already been dubbed ‘the new John Key’, Nicola Willis who is a member of the party’s liberal wing, the party’s Covid-19 spokesman Chris Bishop, and Dr Shane Reti, National’s interim leader.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday