The government is considering giving Aucklanders an allocated time slot to leave the region over the summer holidays, Newshub reveals. The measure would reduce the risk of queues of traffic at the boundary checkpoints, as vaccination certificates are checked. COVID Minister Chris Hipkins also said an announcement on primary schools returning will be made on Monday or Tuesday next week.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday