Counties Manukau has reached the crucial 90% threshold for first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, NZ Herald reports. Minister for Covid-19 Response Chris Hipkins confirmed the milestone on Sunday night and praised the South Auckland community for its efforts. He said the work of Māori and Pacific providers in Counties Manukau had a huge part to play in reaching this milestone. Manurewa-Papakura Ward Councillor Daniel Newman said he knew the target would be a huge challenge but gives credit to his community.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday