Many churches in Auckland are already preparing to deliver Christmas services online as church leaders weigh up if they will re-open only to vaccinated people when the traffic light system kicks in, RNZ reports. Grant Harris is the senior pastor at Windsor Park Baptist, a church to 1500 people on the North Shore of whom he estimates 150 could be unvaccinated. He said churches were open to everyone but also needed to be safe places, and this weighed on leaders’ minds. Harris is part of a Covid-19 response team set up by Baptist churches across Auckland to discuss the ethics and practicalities of the traffic light system for churches.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday