To combat the economic effects of the pandemic, New Zealand has embraced multilateralism as a means of economic recovery, Newsroom reports. But if New Zealand wants to increase productivity and export high value-added products, it needs to transform into a science and tech-driven economy, says University of Otago’s Dr Murat Üngör. He believes the country should develop and implement a vision and strategic plan to gain competitive advantage in the production and exports of high-technology goods and knowledge-intensive services.
- Bank CEO on how Kiwis can prepare financially and mentally for 2022
- No ‘downward trend’ in pedestrian, cyclist deaths on Auckland roads
- Delta has become a Māori pandemic, Waitangi Tribunal hearing told
- Regional Parks to receive Māori names and share history
- Nutritionist calls on fast-food chains to display easy to interpret warning signs