The kitchen of a popular bar in central Auckland has been gutted by fire, Stuff reports. Smoke billowed from the fire in the rear of Conch Kitchen and Bar on Ponsonby Rd at about 2.20pm on Tuesday. Firefighters in breathing apparatus battled the blaze inside, while crews aboard a ladder appliance attacked the fire from above. The bar’s indoor dining area appeared unscathed, but the kitchen was gutted by the blaze. The bar and bistro started life as a record store but has evolved into one of Auckland’s best-known night spots, serving tapas, cocktails and craft beers.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday