Since Todd Karehana’s brother died 21 years ago, the Auckland filmmaker has reflected a lot on how the loss has affected his family, RNZ reveals. When his mother Alma said she couldn’t come to his graduation because she had to look after some stray cats, Todd wanted to understand more. “I could just see interesting links between her mothering these cats and her mothering me and my siblings,” Todd says. He joins Alma on her night-time missions in the short film Night Ride.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday