A violent incident in the west Auckland suburb of Glen Eden has left a man in a critical condition as police swarmed the area on Wednesday afternoon, Newshub reports. One person reported a machete attack while another reported hearing gunfire. Police say after they attended the incident in Glen Eden a man turned up at Waitakere Hospital with multiple injuries. He was then transferred to Auckland Hospital in a critical condition. “Initial enquiries indicate that the male sustained his injuries during an altercation this afternoon involving multiple people on Virgo Place in Glen Eden,” a police spokesperson says.
- Bank CEO on how Kiwis can prepare financially and mentally for 2022
- No ‘downward trend’ in pedestrian, cyclist deaths on Auckland roads
- Delta has become a Māori pandemic, Waitangi Tribunal hearing told
- Regional Parks to receive Māori names and share history
- Nutritionist calls on fast-food chains to display easy to interpret warning signs