Epidemiologists, disease modellers and public health experts unanimously oppose a move to Level 2 for the supercity while undetected community transmission continues, Newsroom reveals. Unlinked cases remain the main cause for concern among the experts, who say the Delta outbreak may not be wildly uncontrolled, but it isn’t fully under control either. Level 2 could overwhelm the health system, and the danger of moving too early is significant.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions