Newshub warns that a potential drop to COVID-19 alert level 2 for Aucklanders will be a Delta-style level 2. With volatile case numbers, even if Auckland drops to level 2, the Auckland border will likely remain firmly shut. But the Government states a number of reasons for their caution, including the number of active sub-clusters increasing, and 15 mystery cases in the past 14 days.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions