From this week until the end of the year, Pasifika women in New Zealand are effectively working for free, says The Spinoff. In his 2021 series, Two New Zealands, Toby Morris explores the “paralell versions of our country”. Whether it’s the wealth gap, generation gap, the rural-urban contrast, the different ways Māori and Pākehā are treated in the health, justice and education systems, or how differences in gender or sexuality affects people’s experiences and opportunity – there’s a lot to discuss. Latest instalment? The Pacific Pay Gap.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday