Aucklanders released from Covid-19 Level 4 Lockdown saw spending on takeaways go up 652% on the week before, Stuff reports. But this spending is still 25% below pre-Covid levels during the same week of 2019. While some retailers reported a rush on click-and-collect, in general, Auckland shops were still operating well below lockdown levels. Outside Auckland, Level 2 consumer confidence was good, with most retail stores trading for the remaining weeks of September at rates above last year’s.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions