A 1950s house in West Tamaki Road designed by Group Architects founding member, architect Bill Wilson, has come on the market, with a high interest already being shown, Stuff reveals. Agent Aaron Foss of Barfoot & Thompson Mission Bay says the brief given to Wilson for this property was to create a Japanese-style home, which was highly unusual at the time. The unique and distinctive residence is considered an archetype of the era, and over the years many university architecture students have come to see through the property. But, while the three-bedroom house has been “proudly maintained and loving conserved for future generations”, Foss says it is ready for someone to restore it back to its former glory.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions