An Auckland-based physiotherapist is urging the Ministry of Health to reconsider alert level 3 guidelines for opening some health services, due to an “inequitable reopening” of businesses, Newshub reports. Yousif Mansour, who works at a private physiotherapy clinic in Auckland, says the profession is facing mental and financial hardship and clients are facing worsened and delayed outcomes. The health and physical condition of some patients who have acute injuries or long-standing conditions is at risk of being compromised because they can’t receive ongoing treatment, he says.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions