A man allegedly pointed a gun out the window of a car which led officers on a chase through several Auckland suburbs on Thursday morning, Newshub reveals. The car was spiked twice as it drove erratically, while the passenger pointed a gun multiple times at both public and the police in pursuit. The chase came to an end on Lilac Grove, Hillsborough, where police shot the man wielding the firearm. He is now in hospital. “This was an incredibly fast-moving situation where these men’s reckless behaviour put the safety of the public and police staff at risk. I would like to commend our staff for their courageous actions,” said Inspector Matt Srhoj.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions