COVID-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins has announced that COVID-19 vaccinations will be made mandatory for high-risk health workers and school and ECE staff, Newshub reports. Hipkins said this measure was being imposed because vaccinations for children aged five to 11 are not yet approved and the health and disability sector includes a range of high-risk occupations. “People have a reasonable expectation that our workforces are taking all reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of disease,’ he said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions