Cooped up in our homes during lockdown, New Zealanders have become increasingly obsessed with houseplants, RNZ reveals. Plant stores speak of popular varieties selling out within minutes when they are listed online, and say social media is in part driving the rage, with multiple New Zealand-based Facebook groups dedicated to indoor plants. RNZ asked three New Zealand plant stores and one of the country’s biggest plant chains what their most popular indoor plants are, and how best to care for them.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions