Cooped up in our homes during lockdown, New Zealanders have become increasingly obsessed with houseplants, RNZ reveals. Plant stores speak of popular varieties selling out within minutes when they are listed online, and say social media is in part driving the rage, with multiple New Zealand-based Facebook groups dedicated to indoor plants. RNZ asked three New Zealand plant stores and one of the country’s biggest plant chains what their most popular indoor plants are, and how best to care for them.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids