Hawke’s Bay-based Mongrel Mob life member Harry Tam was granted an essential workers exemption to travel into locked down Auckland, in order to encourage gang-linked unvaccinated individuals to get the jab, NZ Herald reports. Waikato’s Mongrel Mob chapter president Sonny Fatupaito was given the same exemption. The Ministry of Health said it was important that a wide range of community leaders are engaged to reach communities on a range of Covid-19 issues. It comes after Covid-19 Minister Chris Hipkins confirmed there are a large number of gang members in this outbreak.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions