Auckland Council reveals that Aucklanders are discovering new and simple ways to lower their carbon footprint and save money using tools from Live Lightly. One family changed all their lights to LED’s and saved $400 per year on power bills. Another found that conserving water – a small change – added up to big savings in both water and power bills. A free Home Energy Audit Toolkit (HEAT kit) from a local Auckland Library is the best start to figure out where the biggest savings might be for your particular situation.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday