As Aucklanders nervously await Monday’s alert level announcement, some say the decision shouldn’t be rushed and public safety should be a priority, Stuff reveals. Māngere Bridge resident Jacinta said the region shouldn’t move down to Level 2 on Monday as community cases are still growing. Truck driver Darleen said the Government should keep Auckland at alert level 3 for at least another week. “I just want to stay safe because I’ve got elderly people and lots of children around me.” Ezo, a freelancer, doesn’t understand why people need to protest, because as long as their families are safe, “that’s all that matters”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions