Waiheke Local Board chairperson Cath Handley says health authorities informed her of a positive case for the island on Tuesday afternoon, RNZ reveals. In a social media post, Handley wrote that for most on the island it “will be a shock, but perhaps no surprise”. She says it is the first case to be diagnosed on the island, and they are waiting to hear if there are any locations of interest.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday