Early childhood student teachers say they are worried and anxious about their health and safety after one early childhood teacher tested positive for Covid-19 in Auckland, NZ Herald reports. Many are feeling their working environment is becoming even more risky than nurses because they have to do their jobs without masks or personal protective equipment. “Nurses can wear masks during their work, but in our work we can’t wear masks when we’re working, even though all the children are still not vaccinated,” Angelo Zhou, an early childhood student teacher, said.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday