A woman was injured after speeding through a checkpoint at Auckland’s southern border, Stuff reports. The driver failed to stop at the border heading north, travelling at “excessive speed” at around 12.50am on Sunday. Road spikes were deployed just after the Waterview Tunnel, and the driver, the sole occupant of the vehicle, crashed into a barrier. She received moderate injuries and was attended to by police. “Ongoing enquiries are being made into potential further action relating to the checkpoint breach,” a police spokeswoman said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions